Coghlans Survival Signal Mirror is useful in emergencies, routing signaling or for any mirror application. This compact, 2 x 3 inch signal mirror is lightweight insurance for your outdoor adventures.
Smaller than a business card and weighing only 2 oz., this mirror is easy to tuck into your pack.
High quality mirror glass is virtually distortion free, providing the best light reflectivity available.
Includes padded pouch for storage
Signal Mirror Instructions:
1. Reflect sunlight from the mirror onto a nearby surface i.e. the ground, raft, hand, etc.
2. Slowly bring the mirror up to eye level and look through the sighting hole. You will see a bright light spot. This is your arm indicator.
3. Holding the mirror close to your eye, slowly turn and manipulate the aim indicator (the bright spot) so that it is on the target.
4. Moving the aim indicator on and off the target will cause the mirror to flash in the eyes of your target.
5. Continue sweeping the horizon even when there are no visible search craft. Mirror flashes may be seen for many miles even in hazy weather.
In sunlight the mirror flash can be seen for over 10 miles (16 km).
At night hold a light source (flashing or candle) close to the reflective surface. The flash signal can be seen at considerable distances (dependent on the brightness of the light source).
Even if the mirror has been accidentally broken, it will still function normally. Be extremely careful, however. Loose shards of glass on the mirror surface could cut the skin.
Always store in the padded pouch provided
Help yourself or others be prepared with our Coghlans Survival Signal Mirror!
Also, check out the video below from our friend Kevin Estella from the Wilderness Learning Center:
SHIPPING TIMES: Most, but not all orders leave our warehouse within 1-7 business days. Allow time from the day we ship for UPS or the USPS to deliver it to you from Upstate NY. Please call for rush orders before 2:00 Eastern time. That means that some items, to some locations could take two weeks or more. Remember, we're a 50 year old family run business, so feel free to call us for a rush. We can get most of our items out the same day and use next day air and get it to you tomorrow, but you need to call before 2:00 Eastern time.
To determine your shipping charge, simply add the items that you want to buy into your pack/shopping cart and click on the Secure Checkout button to go to the next screen and all you will need to enter is your zip code, hit the apply button and you will get your shipping charges before you have to enter any more information.
WE CAN NOT SHIP CASES OF CANNED FOOD OUTSIDE OF THE LOWER 48.
Prices subject to change without notice. We are not liable for any typographical errors or errors in pricing.